Home » » Apologies from Thailand

Apologies from Thailand

Written By vibykhmer on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 | 3:48 AM


The Phnom Penh Post
Wednesday, 02 September 2009
Kom (full name withheld)

Dear Editor,

I'm a Thai and I'm saddened by the current state of affairs between Thailand and Cambodia. I've seen footage of the clashes between troops at Preah Vihear. It really broke my heart to see a Cambodian woman crying over someone's death.

Although I'm just a private citizen who has no state authority whatsoever, I'd like to offer a private apology to the people of Cambodia regarding the Preah Vihear conflict, the resulting loss of life and any other negative consequences that followed.

I hope that things will eventually turn out to be better, but if, God forbid, the worst should happen, please note that I'm not your enemy - and neither are the many other Thais who think like myself. I wish you peace.

Kom (full name withheld)
Thailand


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Send letters to: newsroom@phnompenhpost.com or PO Box 146, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The Post reserves the right to edit letters to a shorter length.

The views expressed above are solely the author's and do not reflect any positions taken by The Phnom Penh Post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment